Thursday, June 24, 2010

My iDeAl hOmE !

Hi there! Lately, I've been toying with the idea of moving out on my own, so ever since, I've been daydreaming about what my ideal home would be like, since, in the main, our homes tend to match our personalities and likes. Then I thought why not sharing this with my classmates?! So..here's a thought!

To be honest, I have never been too fusy about my home decoration. I am by no means one of those persons that likes splashing out outrageous amounts of money when it comes to decorating your place - after all, I neither spend too much time at home to care about it, nor do I have "fancy friends" to invite for dinner. Sumptuous , state-of-the -art furniture and ornaments aren't my cup of tea, since I hold that they are just chosen by snobbish people who like to show off.

Personally, if I have to choose a kind of ornamentation, providing I have enough budget to spend on, I'd definitely go for a cosy style. A good way of achieving this style, I believe, is by buying mostly wooden furniture. This, together with the use of plants, gives a kind of "enclosed nature" touch, which I find particularly soothing and, therefore, appealing. Moreover,painting the walls in light, pastel colours also contributes to create this homely, relaxing atmosphere. I reckon this decoration style is the one that suits me best because I label myself as one of those peaceful, easy-going persons for whom eternal bliss just means laying on a couch with a riveting book and a mug of hot chocolate - soya if possible.

Apart from this, I'm really into big, open spaces, loaded with gigantic windows without any curtains whatsoever. I feel that this quite reflects my personality as well : " what you see is what you get " I usually say. As genuine a person as I am, I don't have anything to hide from others, I always show myself the way I am. This might be the reason why, to my view, people who choose to live in houses filled with lots of small rooms, with lots and lots of walls and doors that separate each room, may have something to conceal from others.

To sum up, I would then decorate my ideal home accordingly to my personality and the way I lead my life. My ideal place would be spacious, cosy, woodenly like and lightly coloured. Homes are inevitably a mirror of ourselves.

3 comments:

  1. Loved your post!
    Apart from learning a bit more about you, and acquiring new vocabulary, you made me realise intriguing things about homes.
    That's an interesting point of view you've got there!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree with you on on the question of space. I find minimalistic decorating the best: less is more, as they say. People tend to cram so much stuff into their rooms they end up creating and oppressive atmosphere.
    Sounds like a very nice place you'll have Estefi!

    ReplyDelete
  3. OMG Estefi...your language and spontaneity are amazing! I can even picture you in that place. Your descriptions are so vivid and your use of words feels relaxed and really aiming at COMMUNICATING, that for sure I´ll try to pick up your techniques to learn them. Congratulations!

    ReplyDelete